My theoretical approach is Integrative, underpinned by Existentialism.
Existentialism involves exploring individual meanings and priorities, knowing and living within the restrictions life carries and considering connections between self, others, ideas and the world around us. Everyone is different and my Counselling approach is flexible to your needs
Integration brings several Counselling approaches together. I work in a Person-Centred way with whatever will help my client move forward in the direction they want to go including tools from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Psychodynamic Theory, Transactional Analysis and Motivational Interviewing.
Experience & Qualifications
I work as a private Counsellor and have been a Counsellor and Assessor at Catalyst, a drug, alcohol and well-being charity based in Guildford, and have also been a Counsellor at Dialogue, YMCA in Guildford.
My Counselling has been with men and women of many different ages and backgrounds and has included work around addiction, depression, anxiety, loss, anger, abuse, lack of confidence or self-esteem, relationship problems and where there is tension between belonging and living within two different cultures.
Professional Member of Association for Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO)
Accredited Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
OCST Certificate in Online Counselling (Approved by ACTO)
Certificate in Transactional Analysis T101
CCPE Diploma in Couples Counselling and Psychotherapy
CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
NCFE Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory
NOCN Level Three Certified Programme of Core Competencies
I want to offer you Counselling which is as safe as possible and of the highest quality. Listed below are the ways I ensure this:
- I have an Enhanced Certificate with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) which I renew annually.
- I am registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- I have Professional Civil Liability Insurance with a reputable insurance company.
- I am an Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- I have regular Supervision with a highly experienced Counsellor.
- I have completed many Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses and workshops and continue to do so.